Geof was born in London, England in 1930, and studied Architecture at South West Essex Technical College and School of Art (1946-1952). He came to Winnipeg in 1953 to spend three enlightening years working with fellow architects from seven different nationalities.
He married in 1955, and Geof and Jean moved to Vancouver in 1956. He worked for a couple of Architects designing shopping centres, private hospitals and high-rise apartment buildings.
In 1966, he formed an architectural group within a large firm of consulting Engineers, designing large projects for both the airlines and the government. The projects were varied, and afforded the opportunity to travel to various parts of Canada and the world. In 1992, Geof and Jean moved to Beach Grove in Tsawwassen, and he retired in 1995.
Retirement gave him the time to paint, and he became a member of the South Delta Artists Guild. As President of the Guild (1999-2002), and a member of the Board for a number of years afterwards, Geof was instrumental in acquiring the Longhouse as the SDAG home base.
After Cammidge House was moved to its current location in 1998, Geof became President of the Cammidge House Committee, and Boundary Bay Park Association. The committee is working on a celebration of Cammidge House’s centenary in 2014.
Geof and Jean joined the Delta Naturalists’ Society, and he was asked to create a poster for the October 2006 meeting. Geof has produced a poster to illustrate the theme of the speaker for every DNS monthly meeting since October 2007. He also designed the logo used by the Delta Naturalists’ Society.
The pictures below are “thumbnail” versions of Posters created by Geof for Speakers (and their topics) at monthly meetings of Delta Naturalists’ Society.
Click on any “thumbnail” to enjoy a larger version of that poster; you can then
• scroll through the collection (using cursor keys ⇐ or ⇒), or
• hit the X (top right) to return to this page