- This 2018 DNCB Outings list is PRELIMINARY – please check back for changes!
- Meeting times & places are posted on the DNCB Home Page
- you can also download this provisional chart: 2018_DNCB_Outings updated Mar. 29, 2018 – but this is incomplete, and we will FIRST update our destinations on this online page!
- if a DNCB Outing destination is blue (e.g. Iona Regional Park), it links directly to the Report of that Outing.
- if the Outing Number is blue (e.g. 2018-04) it links to the photos at DNCB Flickr for that particular Outing.
Return to DNCB Outings by Year
Tu Jan 2 2018-01 Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal & Reifel Bird Sanctuary Tu Jan 9 2018-02 White Rock Pier & Blackie Spit Tu Jan 16 2018-03 Serpentine Fen/104th Dyke Tu Jan 23 2018-04 Iona Regional Park Tu Jan 30 2018-05 Point Roberts, USA Tu Feb 6 2018-06 Iona Regional Park Tu Feb 13 2018-07 Drayton Harbor/Semiahmoo Spit Tu Feb 20 2018-08 Victoria Tu Feb 27 2018-09 Reifel Bird Sanctuary, via Ferry terminal & TFN Tu Mar 6 2018-10 Steveston Area WED Mar 14 2018-11 Birds on the Bay in Boundary Bay Regional Park Tu Mar 20 2018-12 Stanley Park Tu Mar 27 2018-13 Point Roberts, USA W Apr 4 2018-14 UBC Botanical Garden W Apr 11 2018-15 Brydon Lagoon & Hi-Knoll Park & Surrey Lake W Apr 18 2018-16 QE Park W Apr 25 2018-17 Ladner Parks W May 2 2018-18 Whidbey Island, WA (if poor forecast will switch with following week) W May 9 2018-19 Tennant Lake, WA & Bird exhibit at Whatcom Museum in Bellingham, Washington W May 16 2018-20 Point Roberts, WA W May 23 2018-21 Minnekhada W May 30 2018-22 Ferry terminal & Reifel W June 6 2018-23 Colony Farm W June 13 2018-24 Birds on the Bay in Boundary Bay Regional Park W June 20 2018-25 Pitt Lake W June 27 2018-26 Campbell Valley W July 4 2018-27 Surrey Bend/Tynehead W July 11 2018-28 Saltspring Island W July 18 2018-29 Cypress Mountain W July 25 2018-30 Cheam Wetlands W Aug 1 2018-31 Burnaby Lake W Aug 8 2018-32 Iona W Aug 15 2018-33 Victoria W Aug 22 2018-34 Maplewood Flats W Aug 29 2018-35 Boundary Bay at 104th St W Sep 5 2018-36 Mt Baker (if poor forecast will switch to Blaine) W Sep 12 2018-37 Birds on the Bay Outing in Boundary Bay Regional Park W Sep 19 2018-38 Iona W Sep 26 2018-39 White Rock & Blackie Spit Tu Oct 2 2018-40 Derby Reach & Brae Island Parks Tu Oct 9 2018-41 Boundary Bay at 104th St Tu Oct 16 2018-42 Jericho Tu Oct 23 2018-43 VanDusen Gardens Tu Oct 30 2018-44 local Tu Nov 6 2018-45 Tu Nov 13 2018-46 Tu Nov 20 2018-47 Tu Nov 27 2018-48 Tu Dec 4 2018-49 WED Dec 12 2018-50 Birds on the Bay Outing in Boundary Bay Regional Park Tu Dec 18 2018-51 Tu Dec 25 2018-52
DNCB 2018-08 to Victoria
The planned Feb 20 DNCB outing is a trip to Victoria to look for seabirds on the ferry trip and along the waterfront. We will follow the route of our March 2014 outing.
NOTE: If the weather forecast is not good, we may go the following week instead (Feb 27).
- We will meet as foot passengers on the 7am ferry from Tsawwassen which arrives at Swartz Bay at 8:35.
- We will take doubledecker bus 70 at 8:55 to Government Street between the Royal BC Museum and the Parliament Buildings. Day pass $5. It arrives at 9:50.
- We will walk via Laurel Point and Fisherman’s Wharf to Ogden Point. Then walk out on the breakwater to the lighthouse. Then have lunch at the Breakwater Cafe.
- Then walk via Holland Point Park to Beacon Hill Park.
- We will take bus 70 on Government Street between the Museum and the Parliament Buildings at 3:39 back to Swartz Bay for the 5pm ferry, which gets to Tsawwassen at 6:35.
Some people may go to Victoria the day before and meet us at the bus stop by the Parliament Buildings at 9:50. That way they will avoid taking the 7am ferry and will have a chance to see the Wildlife Photographer of the Year Exhibit at the Royal BC Museum.